About GAFCON UK
- To educate the public about the authentic Christian faith, as Anglicans have received it, in accordance with the Jerusalem Declaration and the way it is being worked out in the lives of churches and individuals in the UK and beyond, because we believe it to be Good News for all the world
- To pray and encourage others to pray by providing opportunities for authentic Anglicans in England, Scotland and Wales to pray for one another and for the global Gafcon movement, because unless the Lord builds the house we labour in vain.
- To increase the reach of Gafcon UK by encouraging authentic Anglicans from England, Scotland and Wales to become members and ambassadors for the cause, because we are aware there are many who hold to the authentic Christian faith who feel isolated.
- To provide support for those who are part of the traditional provincial structures (Church of England, Church in Wales and Scottish Episcopal Church) who are seeking to uphold the orthodox Anglican Christian Faith, in accordance with the Jerusalem Declaration because we recognise their desire to remain faithful and the challenges they face as they do so.
- To offer episcopal support to those who are unable to remain within the traditional provincial structures because of their commitment to the orthodox Anglican Christian Faith, in accordance with the Jerusalem Declaration because we recognise their desire to remain faithful and the challenges they face as they do so.
Gafcon UK is in the process of becoming a Foundation Charitable Incorporated Organisation.
The trustees are:
- Rt Rev Michael Nazir-Ali (ex-offico)
- Rt Rev Andy Lines (ex-offico)
- Mrs Lorna Ashworth, Crowborough
- Mr James Higham, Bristol
- Mrs Jane Krammer, London
- Mr Martin Mills, London
- Rev. David McCarthy, Edinburgh
- Dr Chik Kaw Tan, Newcastle-under- Lyme
Anyone who can assent to the Jerusalem Statement and Declaration and wishes to support Gafcon UK can become a non-voting member.
Council of Reference
Gafcon UK has a Council of Reference – who represent the breadth of the Gafcon UK non-voting membership – their role is to advise the trustees and staff.
President – Rt Rev Michael Nazir-Ali
Vice Presidents – Rev John McGinley and Mrs Lorna Ashworth
Council of Reference Members
- Rev Nigel Atkinson, Knutsford
- Mr Miller Bogie, Edinburgh
- Miss Prudence Dailey, Oxford
- Rev Amatu Christian Iwuagu, London
- Rev Jim Griffiths, Cardiff
- Mrs Jane Krammer, London
- Rev Melanie Prince, Rhoose
- Rev Mike Reith, London
- Rev Anthony Roberts, Oswaldtwistle
- Mrs Natalie Stenström
- Dr Chik Kaw Tan, Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Rev Rico Tice, London
Gafcon UK employs:
- Gafcon Missionary Bishop to Europe – Rt Rev Andy Lines
- Director of Operations – Mrs Susie Leafe
- Chaplain – Rev Andrew Symes
They along with the Chair of the Trustees and the President and Vice President of the Council of Reference form the Gafcon UK Executive.
Missionary Bishop to Europe
On June 30, 2017, the Anglican Church in North America’s College of Bishops was joined by 27 Primates, Archbishops, Bishops from around the Anglican Communion to consecrate The Rev. Canon Andy Lines as a missionary bishop for Anglicans in Scotland, the UK, and Europe.
This action by the College was taken at the request of the Gafcon Primates following their meeting in Lagos, Nigeria in April 2017.
At the time, Andy Lines, shared more about his role as a bishop: “My principle desire is to see Christ glorified. That is done through people coming to know him through the scriptures, and that requires local churches where he is faithfully proclaimed, and those require godly pastor-teachers to lead them and to teach them. I see my role as enabling people to be in that position.
Andy Lines is a member of the College of Bishops of the Anglican Church of North America and is resident in the Anglican Network in Canada. A Missionary District has been created to which all those churches which come under his formal oversight belong.